Current Top Sellers
The Shan achar masala is a spice mix that you may use to prepare a condiment that includes mangoes and vegetables. The art of South Asian pickling is often considered somewhat tricky due to the numerous herbs and spices involved. Getting the balance right is essential and the Shan achar masala allows you to accurately recreate the taste without having to measure out quantities for every ingredient. There are two recipes for the condiment written on the Shan achar masala box, the first is simple and quick while the other is a traditional method that requires somewhat more time.
Shan Food (PVT) Ltd.
Country Of Origin: Product of Pakistan
Ingredients: Salt, Red Chilli, Turmeric, Aniseed, Nigella Seed, Fenugreek Seed, Soya Bean, Cumin, Coriander, Mustard Seed, Clove, Garlic, Ginger, Citric Acid (E33), Black Salt
Product Weight: 100 Grams
Product Packing: By advance V-Lock Technology spices keeps lock in air tight packing which gives natural taste and texture to spices.
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
|15 Mins||25 Mins||As required|
Raw mango/mix vegetables 1 kg
White vinegar 1 cup
Mustard oil 2 cups (heat then cool)
Shan Achar Masala 1 packet
1. For Quick Preparation: Wash raw mango/vegetables and cut into small pieces.
2. Add 1 cup water and shan achar masala in raw mango/vegetables and cook on slow heat till half done.
3. Thick gravy will be left when prepared.
4. Then add oil and vinegar; cook until oil becomes hot but does not boil.
5. Remove from heat, let it cool and save in jar.
6. Use after 2-3 days.
7. Note: For best result, use hard mango.
8. Wash jar with hot water then dry completely with cloth.
9. Wash hands and all utensils.
10. For mix achar use, mango, green chillies, lemon and carrot.
Traditional Method to Prepare Achar (Pickle)
1. Apply salt on raw mangoes and keep them in sun for one day.
2. Next day rub shan achar masala on mangoes thoroughly and put them in jar.
3. Cover the jar with a cloth and keep it in the sun for 4-5 hours.
4. Then add warm oil and vinegar in mangoes, cover again and keep in sun till achar prepare.