Dry Mango Powder
Dry mango powder is also called amchoor or aamchur. It’s a fruity spice made from dehydrated fresh green mangoes and is used as a juicy seasoning. Produced in India but now many especially European countries also producing it for better flavor and additional zest.
What is Dry Mango Powder?
Raw Green Mangoes are dried and then crushed to powder form to get Dry Mango Powder. To get this powder, Raw Green Mangoes are cut and then dried in sunlight before crushing them. Dry Mango Powder is also known as Amchur Powder.
Mango Powder is mostly used in place of Lemon sometimes because its taste is similar to lemon. It gives sour and tangy taste to your food with increasing its moistures. It is also added in soups, dals, vegetable dishes and chutneys which give them Tart and sour taste.
Mango is one of the most popular and oldest cultivated fruit. It is not only eaten as a fruit but is also famous for its use in pickles and chutneys. This unique use of Mangoes to make Mango Powder is originated from Indian regions and now famous in several areas of the world. Dry Mango Powder is mostly used in Northern Indian regions where it is used to tenderize meat.
Culinary Uses of Dry Mango Powder or Amchur:
- Dry Mango Powder is famous in Indian regions where it is used to tenderize meat.
- They also add it in stir fried vegetables, soups, chutneys etc.
- Amchur Powder is also used as a condiment in many dishes.
- Amchur or Dry Mango Powder is also used to add flavor to fish or meat for grill frying.
- Dry Mango Powder is also used as a souring agent.
- It is also used as a substitute of tamarind in the preparation of Sweet Sour Dal or Sāmbhar.
- It is also used in the preparation of Potato and biryani.
How to select?
Fibrous Dry Mango Powder with Beige Color packed in sealed packet is best.
- 3.5 OZ (99 Grams)
- 7 OZ (198 Grams)
- 14 OZ (397 Grams)
Storage Instruction: Keep Dry Mango Powder away from moisture in cool, dry and air tight container.
Country of Origin: Product of USA