Patak's Tikka Masala Paste 10 OZ
Masala is a widely used term in South Asian regions. Masala is a mixture of several spices and herbs which is used to cook dishes. Different masalas can be used for different foods. It can be made at home or can be purchase from the market to reduce your work.
A type of masala is Tikka Masala which is used to make Chicken tikka masala dish. Tikka masala is a mixture of spices with yogurt which helps in making a saucy dish of roasted chink chunks (Chicken Tikka masala). Tikka Masala is the most demanding masala paste because it is the most popular dish of Indian Food Restaurants in UK and America.
The Origin of Chicken Tikka Masala is not clear but it is mostly accepted that it was originated in India.
Patak’s Tikka Masala:
Patak’s Food s offers the rich and tasty Tikka masala of Rajasthan, India. It has natural ingredients with no artificial color or flavor at all. Being the manufacturer of Indian Foods, Patak’s has carefully made Tikka masala paste which truly reflects the traditional taste of Indian Chicken Tikka dish.
Patak’s Tikka Masala has authentic spices mixed with lemon and coriander. It provides the taste which you normally eats in Indian restaurants of UK. It reduces the time and work to cook. Its Yellow color is due to the addition of turmeric in it. It can be used with chicken as well as meat, fish and some vegetable dishes.
RECIPE: Chicken Tikka Masala
Serving size: 2
Heat level: Medium
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt (for marinade)
- 5 tbsp. Patak’s Tikka Masala Curry Paste
- 8 Oz diced chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup fresh or canned tomatoes
- ¼ cup cream or plain yoghurt (optional)
- Combine yoghurt and Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste, add chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight for a fuller flavor.
- Gently sauté onions until golden, add chicken and sauté until sealed. Add chopped tomatoes and water; simmer for 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in cream or yoghurt just before serving (optional). Serve with hot, cooked rice.
- It contains mustard and may contain traces of peanut or tree nuts
- Free from artificial flavors
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Original taste of India
Ingredients: Water, Coriander, Cumin, Vegetable oil, Salt, Tamarind, Acetic acid, Paprika (2%), Spices (contains mustard), Modified maize starch, Ground ginger, Garlic powder, Citric acid, Lactic acid
Manufactured By: Patak's Food's Ltd.
Country of Origin: Product of UK
Product Weight: 10 OZ (283 Gram)
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
Package: Glass Jar
Nutritional Values per 100g:
- Calories: 264kcal
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 16.0g
- Sugar: 10.0g
- Fat: 20.0g
- Saturated Fat: 3.0g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Sodium: 1.29g
- Salt: 1.1g
Delicious on chicken and shrimp!
Posted by Moriah M. on 9th Apr 2015
got this for my mom because we had gotten curry paste from walmart when it was on clearance, this stuff is just as amazing. highly recommended
I will be a returning client
Posted by Ammi H. on 24th Mar 2015
Not only are their prices very reasonable, but I received my order within a few days. Since we love curries, I will be ordering from this website again for sure.