This Rava Dosa mix is a combination of semolina (cream of wheat) and ground rice. These thin, crepe-like pancakes are filled or eaten with spicy potato fillings. Dosa mixes are much more convenient because they save soaking and grinding time. This same mix can also be used to make thicker pancakes called uttappam, which the batter is mixed with chopped onions and green chillies before cooking. Enjoy this with coconut chutney or sambhar.
Rava Dosa is made with rava or semolina, which doesn't need fermentation and is usually considered a fast tiffin.
Whether it's a snack or part of a meal, crisp golden Dosas are now so easy to make...
- The promise of purity
- Easy to make
- Serve hot with chutney, sambar or sagu
- Suitable for vegetarians
Country of Origin: Product of India
Ingredients: Semolina (46%), Rice (46%), Wheat Cream, Salt, Cumin, Green Chilli, Malic Acid (Acidulant), Sodium Acetate (Acidity Regulator).
- Add 11/2 measures of Water and 1/2 measure of Yoghurt to 1 measure MTR Instant Rava Dosa Mix. Alternatively use only 2 measures of Water.
- If desired, add Chopped Green Chillies, Coriander Leaves and finely Chopped Onions for better flavour.
- Stir into a smooth batter and keep aside for 5-minutes.
- Smear the heated Tava with oil.
- Spread 1 cup of batter on Tava and fry one side on low flame till golden brown.
- Add a spoonful of Ghee if required. Serve hot.
- Rub the Tava gently with a damp cloth to cool the surface. Repeat the above steps for more lovely Dosas...
'Measure' referred to in the recipe means any cup or container used as per your convenience.
Serving tip: Serve hot with Chutney or Sambar.
Product Weight: 500 Grams
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place