Current Top Sellers
KP Brand Masoor Dal 2 LB
Masoor Daal does not need any introduction. It is considered that Masoor Daal, Red Split Lentils, was first eaten 9500 to 13000 years ago. It is the most common Daal which is very famous and widely used in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka. It is Split Lentil but its skin is removed and that’s why it has red color. Masoor Daal is a soft Daal and you do not need to soak it, like any other Daal, before cooking. Its red color changes to soft gold color on cooking.
Most of the peoples are unaware of the nutritious benefits and contents of Masoor Daal. It contains 26% protein and after Soybeans and Hemp, it contains the highest level of Protein, by weight. Peoples all over the world, especially, vegetarians love to eat Masoor Daal.
Healthy Masoor Daal:
Healthy and Good quality Masoor Daal is not cracked and it absolutely free of debris.
Health benefits of Masoor Daal:
- Masoor Daal is filled with high level of proteins
- It has isoleucine and lysine which are good for health
- It is best substitute of protein for those who does not eat Meat or are vegetarian
- Masoor Daal comprises of Dietary Fibers which improves digestion and satisfies hunger
- It also has Folate, vitamin B1, and minerals
- It is fat free Daal with high amount of fibers
- It is full of Potassium & Iron.
Culinary Uses of Masoor Daal:
Masoor Daal has number of uses. Some of these culinary uses are as follows:
- Commonly used to make Daal in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
- In Europe and American Region, Masoor Daal is a cheap sources of health and that’s why used in different Soups
- It is widely used with rice. A dish similar to khichdi
- Some of the most common and popular Recipes of Masoor Daal are Red Lentil Hummus on Sesame Crisp bread , Red Lentil and Coconut Soup, Dal Ghost, Red Lentils Salad Seasoned with Cumin and Smoked Paprika, Masala Masoor, Lehsuni Masoor or Boiled Masoor Stuffed Paranthas and Poories.
Recipes of Masoor Daal are Available at Khanapakana.com
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 907 Grams (2 LBS)(0.9 KG)
Storage Instructions: Keep in cool and dry place
Its good, it cooked very
Posted by Mitu A. on 13th Apr 2015
Its good, it cooked very well, boils very quickly and mixed with water proportionately. Taste is also very good as well.
Urad Dal - Crimson Red Lentils
Posted by Allen K. on 26th Mar 2015
These lentils have been consistently good, clean, and fresh. No dust or skins to speak of, nor dirt, pebbles, or debris. There doesn't seem to be anything about them deserving of criticism.