KhanaPakana Brand Of Almond Sliced 2LB Badam
Peel or unpeel the almonds as preferred. Then, cut the almond in half. Slice using a sharp knife by cutting vertically across the cutting board. Slice them thinly or thickly as the recipe requirement. It can be sliced raw, roasted or blanched, as per the recipe.
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 2 LBS (0.9 KG)
Storage Instructions: Store shelled almonds in a tightly sealed container, in a cool dry place away from exposure to sunlight. Keeping them cold will further protect them from rancidity and prolong their freshness. Refrigerated almonds will keep for several months, while if stored in the freezer, almonds can be kept for up to a year. Shelled almond pieces will become rancid more quickly than whole shelled almonds. Almonds still in the shell have the longest shelf life.
Health Benefits of Almond:
- Protein is one of three macronutrients, including carbohydrates and fat, that is vital to overall health, growth and development.
- High in monounsaturated fatty acids and cholesterol-free, almonds can help reduce cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
- They are also high in Vitamin E, a potent antioxidant which helps prevent the accumulation of plaque in the arteries.
- Almonds are often recommended as a building food for those who are underweight.
- Almonds contain Copper in organic form which combines with Iron and acts as a catalyst.
- It is an excellent Laxative, hence highly beneficial in treatment of chronic constipation.
- An emulsion of almonds is useful in bronchial diseases, hoarseness and whooping cough.
- To sum it up - Almonds are a delicious source of protein, fiber, vitamin E, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
- Add a punch to plain yogurt by mixing in some chopped almonds and dried fruit.
- Enhance a healthy sauté of curried vegetables with sliced almonds.
- Add some almond butter to a breakfast shake to boost its taste and protein content.
- Almonds and apple slices make a wonderfully simple, on-the-go power snack.
- Make a delightful cold rice salad with almonds, fresh garden peas and currants.
- Whether you're serving salad or soup, pasta, almonds are a natural and healthful addition to any menu. With their excellent nutritional profile, almonds can be a part of an overall balanced diet.
- Make "nut crumbs" by adding whole toasted almonds to the bowl of a food processor and pulsing on and off until the almonds are coarsely ground. Use them as a wholesome gratin topping for casseroles, or sprinkle on pasta and grain dishes.
- Bursting with flavor, savory seasoned almonds are the perfect topping for your favorite side or main dish. In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, toss whole natural or slivered almonds in a small amount of vegetable oil until golden. Add your choice of dried herbs, then sprinkle over salads, vegetables and pasta.
- Mix toasted slivered or sliced almonds into grain-based dishes or salads to add flavor, nutrition and crunch.
- Try tossing finely diced toasted almonds or add toasted whole natural almonds to Chinese vegetable stir-fry dishes.
- Almond butter is a nutritious and hearty topping for bagels or muffins. And, it's easy to make at home by chopping whole natural almonds in a food processor with a little vegetable oil, salt and sugar until almost smooth.
- Visual appeal is important in low-fat cooking. Make a prudent parfait look sinful by layering frozen yogurt, pureed frozen berries and toasted sliced almonds in an elegant stemmed glass. Or, make individual trifles by adding layers of cubed food cake. Garnish with sprigs of mint, sliced almonds or whole berries, and serve with almond biscotti.
- The buttery flavor and crunchy texture of almonds make them a perfect topper for freshly baked low-fat breads
- To give hot cereal just a little more panache, mix in dried cranberries or cherries and a generous amount of chopped toasted almonds just before serving. Serve with skim milk and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Satisfy your palate while watching your waistline by steaming your favorite fresh vegetables and sprinkling them with toasted, sliced almonds. Serve with wedges of lemon or lime. You will get the entire flavor and all the benefits of a healthy, low-fat meal.
- Your favorite prepared cheesecake can be dressed for success by covering the top with toasted, slivered or chopped almonds. Simply sprinkle the almonds over the top of the cake to cover, and press down lightly. A fabulous marriage of textures and tastes!
- You can choose decadent fudge sauce and ice cream or go with the low fat versions. Either way, the crisp almonds make it a memorable treat.