Current Top Sellers
Made as the traditional Punjabi meat broth pilaf. Easy to Cook, Hard to Resist!
A recipe is provided on the box, and a prepared dish will serve 6-8 persons. One of our Best-Sellers!
Shan Foods (Pvt) Ltd. knows that sub-continental cuisine is a very delicate art. Ever since they debuted the spice mix to the sub-continental consumer in the 80s, their ingredients have been meticulously selected and blended to ensure the right combination for perfect results every time.
Shan Food (PVT) Ltd.
Country of Origin: Product of Pakistan
Ingredients: Salt, Coriander, Red Chilli, Black Pepper, Black Cardamom, Small Cardamom, Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Cloves, Garlic, Ginger, Black Cumin, Papaya, Cumin
Product Weight: 50 Grams
Product Packing: By advance V-Lock Technology spices keeps lock in air tight packing which gives natural taste and texture to spices.
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
Punjabi Yakhni Pilau
Meat with bones 750 gm
Old basmati rice 750 gm (soaked for 30 mins)
Onions 4-5 or 400 gms (medium, finely sliced)
Ginger 3 tbsp or about 3" long piece (ground)
Garlic 2 tbsp (ground)
Oil/Ghee 1-1/2 cup or 250 ml
Shan punjabi yakhni Pilau masala 1 packet
1. Add meat, ginger, garlic, pilau masala with 7 glass of water and cook covered till meat is completely tender.
2. Then take out the meat and measure the quantity of stock.
3. It should be 6 cups. If it is less then add some more water and and make it 6 cups.
4. If it is more then cook it to reduce.
5. Then strain the stock and discard whole spice.
6. Fry onions in oil/clarified butter till it becomes light brown.
7. And then add meat and stock and boil it.
8. Then add soaked rice in to boiled meat and stock and stirring.
9. Cover it and cooking for 20 mins exactly on medium flame.
10. After that remove from stove and mix the pilau.
11. Delicious pilau is ready.
12. Serve with raita, salad and shami kebabs.
13. For extra variety: you can add 2 finely sliced tomatoes or 1 cup of yoghurt on above recipe step 3 after frying onions.