Current Top Sellers
KhanaPakana Black Cumin Seeds Kaala Zeera 2 LBS
Black cumin seed also known as black caraway. Most often used as a culinary spice in South Asian cuisine, it is often confused with the seeds of the Nigella sativa plant which are also referred to as black cumin seeds.
- Wake up taste buds
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 2 LBS (0.9 KG)
Storage Instructions: The seeds can be stored in cool, dry, dark place, in airtight containers for many months and can be milled using hand mill as and when required.
Health Benefits of Cumin Seeds:
- Cumin seeds contain numerous phyto-chemicals that are known to have antioxidant, carminative and anti-flatulent properties. The seeds are an excellent source of dietary fiber.
- Its seeds contain many health benefiting essential oils such as cuminaldehyde (4-isopropylbenzaldehyde), pyrazines, 2-methoxy-3-sec-butylpyrazine, 2-ethoxy-3-isopropylpyrazine, and 2-methoxy-3-methylpyrazine.
- The active principles in the cumin may increase the motility of the gastro-intestinal tract as well as increase the digestion power by increasing gastro-intestinal enzyme secretions.
- This spice is an excellent source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, selenium, zinc and magnesium.
- It also contains very good amounts of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, vitamin B-6, niacin, riboflavin, and other vital anti-oxidant vitamins like vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- The seeds are also rich source of many flavonoid phenolic anti-oxidants such as carotenes, zeaxanthin, and lutein.
Culinary uses: In order to keep the fragrance and flavor intact, cumin is generally grounded just before preparing dishes or whole seeds are lightly roasted before using them in a recipe.
- It is widely used as a spice and principally employed in cookery as a condiment and flavoring base.
- Its seeds have been in use since ancient times in the preparation of many popular dishes in Mediterranean, Asian and Chinese cuisines. Along with other spicy items, it is being used as flavoring agent in chicken, fish, and meat dishes.
- Some Indian vegetarian (jeera daal, aaloo-jeera), and chicken curries and rice dishes (biriyani, pulao) contain small amounts and in the Middle East, it is used in meat and rice dishes.
- The seeds are also been used in the preparation of soups, barbecue sauces, pickling and as one of the ingredients in variety of curry powders.
Great Product, Super Service!
Posted by Dennis W. on 2nd Jun 2015
I received my product earlier than I expected! Product was of the highest quality! I will be ordering again. Thank you!!!
All Around Great Experience
Posted by chana p. on 14th Apr 2015
Fast shipping, Great communication, all around very happy with vedic pro. Will for sure shop here again when I can't get to a store for my Indian cooking supplies (none close to me). Thanks!!!!
Posted by H S. on 13th Apr 2015
Great Product and Service.
Just found Black Cumin Seed and Glad I have
Posted by HELEN D. on 10th Apr 2015
Reading many great health benefits about Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin Seed. I went back and bought a large bulk bag. I appreciate you offering this product. Thank you.
Kaala is just one product. You have an entire supermarket.
Posted by Kishor D. on 25th Mar 2015
i purchased the above product from vedic pro and have complete satisfaction on their service.
black cumin seeds
Posted by kathleen c. on 25th Mar 2015
i do feng shui and looked everywhere for these for a cure. they were perfect!