Fenugreek Seeds Methi Seeds or Methi Dana 2LB KhanaPakana Brand
Fenugreek seeds have small, roughly angular, brownish yellow seeds. The seeds have a bitter yet pleasing flavor and potent aroma and are a characteristic taste of curry powders. The pebble-like seeds are often toasted to enhance their pungent aroma and have a powerful bittersweet, somewhat acrid taste, so use them in moderation. Fenugreek seeds are most commonly used in Indian and Pakistan cookery.
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 2 LBS (0.9 KG)
Storage Instructions: Fenugreek seeds retain their flavour for years. Being low in moisture can keep for a year or more, in an air tight container, unrefrigerated.
Health Benefits of Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds:
- Fenugreek is one of the oldest recorded medicinal herbs, highly esteemed by both east and west, and has been regarded as a treatment for just about every ailment known to man.
- Fenugreek has a beneficial action on cleansing the blood.
- Fenugreek also has the reputation as a lymphatic cleansing herb.
- It is a wonderful for stimulating and fortifying the immune system.
- Fenugreek is a practical herb for all mucus conditions of the body, particularly the lungs, by helping to clear congestion.
- It is a powerful antioxidant and it acts as a mucus solvent and throat cleanser, which also eases the urge to cough.
- Even drinking the water that seeds have soaked in and been rinsed with, helps to soften and dissolve, accumulated and hardened masses of cellular debris.
- Fenugreek has been used for peptic ulcers and inflamed conditions of the stomach and bowel, absorbing toxic material and eliminating it; the healing and soothing action, creates a protective coating, like a lubricant, over inflamed areas.
- Fenugreek has helped travellers who have experienced abdominal griping pains and gastric upsets, when travelling in countries where food and water have been contaminated.
- People find that drinking a cup of the tea before meals can bring relief from numerous ailments.
- Methi seeds, whole, fried or roasted and powdered, are used as 'tarka' - Dals or garnishing.
- It is used commonly in pickles across India and is part of a five spice mixture used in Bengal.
- Add a pinch of ground fenugreek to Indian-style curries, chickpeas, falafel mix, and Indian potato dishes. Fenugreek is a commonly used flavoring agent and food product.
- Soaked seed, used as 'fenugreek berries' at 24 hours of germination, are soft and jelly-like, with a pleasantly mild flavour.
- Eat fenugreek sprouts as a snack, fresh-in-hand, added to sandwiches, salads, juiced with vegetables, mixed with potato salad and other root vegetables; use as a garnish, added to soups, rice and pasta dishes and stir-fries, just before serving.
- To make a tea, use 1 teaspoon of seeds to 1 cup boiling water. Strain and relish it with little honey plain or with little milk.
- Fenugreek seeds are tempered in hot oil or are dry roasted.
- Fenugreek is essential to sambhar powders.
Posted by Unknown on 14th Mar 2016
good quality and great quantity for the price than any other brand
Fenugreek Powder 2LB Pissi Methi vedicpro Brand,
Posted by ALFONSO M. on 11th Apr 2015
Fenugreek is a medicinal food plant that has the beneficial effect of lowering blood sugar. The bitter seeds called methi in India, are used as a condiment and the leaves are used in teas. Fenugreek contains potent antioxidants that have beneficial effects on the liver and pancreas, making it useful in the treatment of diabetes, high cholesterol, and digestive disorders.Constituents: arginine, beta-carotene, beta-sitosterol, coumarin, diosgenin, fiber, gamma-aminobutyric acid (gaba), kaempferol, luteolin, magnesium, manganese, niacin, potassium, pyridoxine, quercetin, riboflavin, rutin, sulfur, thiamine, trigonelline, tryptophan, vite. It is wonderful.I add it to my hot food at supper every day. Thank you vedicpro.